Tacu Tacu con Apanado / Beef Cutlet with Peruvian Rice Cake
- dash Goya Adobo seasoning
- dash black pepper, ground
- 2large eggs
- 1/2cup flourall-purpose
- 1/2cup bread crumbs,homemade or panko, crushed
- 44-oz. beef steaks,chuck or eye round
- 1/2cup vegetable oil(for frying)
- 4large eggs
- 1large plantain,ripe, quartered lengthwise on the bias
- 1recipe tacu tacu
- recipe salsa criolla
In Peru, home cooks usually use chuck steak for this recipe, which is more economical. You can use sirloin, skirt steak, or any lean / thin cut of steak you prefer.
For a vegetarian version of this recipe, try substituting a grilled portabella mushroom for the steak (and of course omitting the egg). There is also a vegetarian version of the tacu tacu recipe on its recipe page (here).