This Peruvian mayonnaise-based sauce is my go-to condiment for everything from roasted chicken to potatoes to eggs! Try it on just about anything!
- Ají amarillo paste ¼ cup
- Mayonnaise ½ cup
- Whole-milk yogurt or sour cream ½ cup
- Lime juice ½ each
- Salt To taste
- Whisk together ingredients.
- Taste; adjust salt as desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Ají amarillo (yellow pepper) paste is usually produced in Peru or neighboring countries. You can purchase it in Latin food markets, or here on Amazon.com.
- If you are hesitant to try spicy foods, start out with 1 Tbsp. of amarillo paste; taste, and add more – if you can handle the heat!
- This is usually made with just fresh mayonnaise. However, I find adding sour cream or yogurt makes it more creamy and light. I especially like Stonyfield Farm‘s whole milk plain yogurt in this recipe.
Copyright © http://www.lavidacomida.com.
Recipe by Jennifer Ramos Lorson.